Saturday, November 27, 2010

there's a pain in my stomach, from another sleepless binge.

If I could guarantee you one thing, it would be that there will be no shortage of Andrew McMahon in this blog. There is a shortage of talented people in this world, but fortunately we've got this guy who's talented enough to keep us going for another 156 years all by himself.
I know that this song means a lot to my friends stefanie and lauren, who are also Something Corporate enthusiasts, and after giving it (legitimately) an entire graveyard's worth of thought, I couldn't come up with anything I would rather start this experience off with.

Recently, I've been finding myself more and more frustrated with my life, and it's reckless lack of direction. I keep going home because I think that's where I want to be, and then I come back to St. George because that's where I need to be, and I don't honestly think I'm content with either place. I don't know what destination I'm in search of, but I don't think it's anywhere I've been yet.
And everytime I leave my house, it's this epically painful event because I have to say goodbye to everyone I left behind, knowing that their lives are changing just as fast as mine is. Things will never be the same. When I come home again, my sister will be prettier, my brother will be taller, and my friends will have had more epiphanies about where their lives are going. Time doesn't pause. It doesn't ask permission to continue, and no matter how still my life feels, everyone around me is changing.
But, I live in the center of a hurricane. I get up, go to school, go to work, work some more, do my homework, try to slide in every couple days to see my grandparents, and sleep only when time allows. I feel like i'm far too busy to have epiphanies. All I'm trying to do is make it out alive.
In reality, I'm just horrified of the change. Change is the worst part of coming home. It's for this reason that I can honestly say that I don't think I'll be coming back for a while. It's too hard to watch everyone that I know pack their bags,
even though I already got on the plane and left.


light breaks underneath
a heavy door
and i try to keep myself awake
fall all around us on a hotel floor
and you think that you've made a mistake
and theres a pain in my stomach
from another sleepless binge
and i struggle to get myself up again
i want to hang onto something
that wont break away or fall apart
like the pieces of my heart

and globes and maps are all around me now
i want to feel you breathe me
globes and maps i see surround you here
why wont you believe me?
globes and maps they chartered your way back home
do you want to leave or something?

dreams came around you
in a hazy rain ♥
you open your mouth wide to feel them fall
and i write a letter from a one-way train
but i dont think youll read it at all
And globes and maps are all around me now
I want to feel you breathe me
why won't you believe me
And globes and maps i see surround you here
why won't you believe me?
Globes and maps they charter your way back home
Do you want to leave or something
i cant take this anymore
i know that i cant take this anymore
i cant take this anymore
cuz i know someday ill see you walk out that door

Globes and Maps are all around me now
I want to feel you breathe me
Globes and maps i see surround you here
why won't you believe me
Globes and maps they charter your way back home
do you want to leave, do you want to leave
Globes and maps they charter your way back home
Do you want to leave or something?




 

1 comment:

  1. <3 I love the song Down also. Something Corporate is epically genius aka Andrew McMahon. I love you Cally. I think you have many epiphanies but they're just not as outspoken. ;)

    ReplyDelete