Thursday, December 2, 2010

I need to find a way of letting it go.

One of the single most frustrating things we all deal with on a daily basis is figuring out what we need. and even then more than half of the time, we're wrong anyway. It's pathetic.
In the recent past, I've really come to terms with the fact that we are entirely in charge of our own existance. No one can tell you how to feel, how to respond, or how to move on from a situation that tests your ability to bounce back.

My newest philosophy is simply this: your attitude = your responsibility.

Now, I'm not saying that because I don't have emotional meltdowns. On the contrary, I spent the vast majority of this weekend soaking the shoulders of my friends stefanie, lauren, and valerie. However, the real magic comes from waking up the next morning and moving on. Sometimes change is necessary; infact, change is always necessary. It's the reason why we're here. Some days you have to wake up, break out a peice of paper, and rewrite your entire life plan.
When writing your plans, at all, I firmly suggest using a pencil, not a pen. Things will change, and erasers look much more classy than scribbled out dark spots.
Anyway, today is about "Phoenix Burn" by Alpha Rev. I couldn't throw a song at you that better described my feelings at the moment. Because I'm ready. To change directions, start over, and come to terms with what it is that I need. Not what I'm going to need or what I used to need, but what I need right now, today. Because today is all that matters. We might be dead tomorrow. Yesterday is over. It's all about today. and i like how today sounds.



Photobucket


I need love that will release me
keep me honest, keep me happy
I need a peace with understanding
Trying to find a softer landing

I wanna know when I can change this
Or give it up and just embrace it
I need to find a way of letting it go
When everything falls apart

I've taken too much, given up
I am twisted, burnin, breaking up
I need to find a way of letting it go
When everything falls apart
I could try, but I'd never take it
Yell and I will never be heard
You will be my phoenix burn
I could run, but I'd never reach it
Leave but I might never return
You will be my phoenix burn

I wanna push through the undiscovered
Find my answers, leave them uncovered
I wanna speak out what I believe in
♥That love will heal us, give us our freedom♥
I wanna see what's on the horizon
Change directions, stop the fightin
I need to find a way of letting it go
When everything falls apart

I am twisted, burnin, breaking up
I need to find a way of letting it go
When everything falls apart
I could try, but I'd never take it
Yell and I will never be heard
You will be my phoenix burn
I could run, but I'd never reach it
Leave but I might never return
You will be my phoenix burn

Let me burn

I've taken too much, given up
I am twisted, burnin, breaking up
I need to find a way of letting it go
When everything falls apart
I could try, but I'd never take it
Yell and I will never be heard
You will be my phoenix burn
I could run, but I'd never reach it
Leave but I might never return
You will be my phoenix burn

1 comment:

  1. Way good song:) and I know exactly what ya mean.. letting go is one of the most difficult things in life but once you do you see life for what its worth:) magical:)

    ReplyDelete