Sunday, December 12, 2010

Patrick Monahan's Girl

"Drops of Jupiter" came out when I was 9 years old. I remember being in the car with  my dad at night the first time that I heard it. I loved that song from the very beginning, and the love only grew as I got older. By the time I sas 12, I had made it my ultimate goal in life to be the kind of girl that Patrick Monahan wrote songs about.

This Girl:

She doesn't own a dress
Her hair is always a mess,
You catch her stealin' she won't confess
She's Beautiful.

Now that she's back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation
She checks out mozart while she does tae-bo
Reminds me that there's room to grow


The way you can cut a rug
Watching you is the only drug I need
So gangster, I'm so thug
You're the only one I'm dreaming of
You see I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you'll be with me

She never compromisesloves babies and surprises

wears high heels when she exercises.
ain't that beautiful?
Meet Virginia

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's time to change,
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like june


She only drinks coffee at midnight
When the moment is not right
Her timing is quite, unusual
You see her confidence is tragic, but her
Intuition, magic. And the shape of her body?
Unusual

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you're wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone
Conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

When everybody else is getting out of bed
I'm usually getting in it
I'm not in it to win it
I'm in it for you

No comments:

Post a Comment